We purchased Hunter Douglas wood blinds for 14 windows in our new home. When closed they refuse to stay closed but magically open.

I have contacted Hunter Douglas through their website three times but they have not been responsive in resolving the problem. I had the same issues with the installer, Windows of Opportunity, who were going to send the installer out to check and never did. They asked my wife if we knew how to close them, Well the blinds in the old house did not have this problem and worked flawlessly for 20 years.

I thought Hunter Douglas was a good brand but this does not seem to be the case.

Review about: Hunter Douglas Blinds.

Had an Experience with Hunter Douglas?

Comments

You need to complain to the dealer that sold you the blinds.They will have to come out to your residence, inspect the malfunctioning shades and determine if it is a manufacturing defect or an installation matter.

YOU have a dealer/installer problem!!

If the shades are defective, Hunter Douglas's warranty is excellent and they will fix them.However, only your dealer/installer can arrange the warranty repair.

If they continue to ignore you, take the shades down yourself and bring them to an authorized HD dealer who will get them fixed under warranty.