2.1
Style and Design

Ordered Silhouettes for our panoramic windows. It is a 2 in 1; meaning two blinds on one system.

Product failed right out of the box. The left side would not lower. Considering the amount of money we had spent, we requested new ones be made. The second set failed 6 months later.

First the left side and a few weeks later the right side. The blinds will only open partially, about 45 degrees and will become stuck 3/4 of the way up. One installer came out and determined it was the ratchet system ( whatever that may be), the second installer disagreed. Now we are at the point they will take the blinds down and send it in for repair.

The turn around is 3 weeks. We have been dealing with this since May 2017. Things move at a very slow pace, almost as if to see if you will get worn down and just quit. Deadlines are constantly missed.

Somehow we go from " the part will be in next week" to 3 weeks later I still haven't heard from them. I will not purchase another Hunter Douglass product. It is not worth the money and they do not stand behind their product.

Looking into what my legal options are at this point. I did not get what I paid for.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Hunter Douglas would not replace or refund the window treatments. Instead, they offered to repair them.

After being without blinds for 6 weeks they finally were reinstalled on February 8th. The blinds failed again yesterday, they will not raise, lower or tilt.

I'm thinking about taking them to small claims court. So much money spent on such a poor product.