My wife and I built a new home last year and upon completion hired a local Hunter Douglas rep to install ( cellular shades ) window treatments.They looked beautiful when first installed, but I mentioned to the installer that two of the shades ( 5x7 ) were too heavy for the lifting mechanisms.
She assured me they would be just fine. Well here we are 14 months down the road and the lifting strings ( and they are strings not cords ) inside the the lifting mechanism have broken twice in one and once in the other. They have both pulled off of their plastic mounting brackets ( one was cracked in half )at least once due to the force required to raise them. Installer came out and reattached them.
The first time one of the strings broke I called the installer and she came out and restrung it for no charge. A couple months down the road and it breaks again and was told it would cost $75 to restring again. Mind you these are only 14 months old. I told her I would have to think about it.
Now the second one has broken and the same $75 charge would apply to restring it. I told her how disappointed we were with these shades and so she contacted Hunter Douglas and was told it would cost us $1400 to replace the two shades. Unacceptable! According to their warranty normal use is not covered.
Basically if you use them and something breaks it's not covered under warranty. What a joke. I took them both down and replaced them with shades from Blinds.com for a fraction of the cost and they look just as good as the Hunter Douglas which were more than 3 times the price and they come with metal mounting brackets not cheap plastic ones. Btw, the lifting mechanism in the new ones is silky smooth to operate.
I will never buy another overpriced Hunter Douglas product.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
- Was ok until my blinds started breaking strings
What I disliked
- Unsatisfactory resolution for defective product
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "What they say if its to good to be true! paid 400.00 dollars; no Hawaii all inclusive package with additional 250.00 and 200.00 dollars booking fee and peak season..."
- "Never go to cost cutters in Grand Junction, CO. Worst experience of my life. Went in to get a bleach walked out with the patchiest blonde/orange I've ever seen. First..."
- "ONCE AGAIN IGG IS AT IT THIS TIME MORE BOTS THERES SO MANY THERE PLAYING THEM SELFS AND REGULAR PLAYERS CANT GET SEAT YOU CAN TELL GAME IS FIXED..."
- "Disappointing service by Dynamite CLothing I placed an online order for 2 dresses on Nov 28,2016 and selected "2 day delivery" by paying $20 extra. Items were shipped on Nov..."
- "There is something seriously wrong with this company. I had a problem with registration. I suspect that my telephone number was incorrectly registered in a partial registration. Easy to fix?..."
- "This location in redford plymouth rd is very rude and inconsiderate and lied about showing up at my house and calling even lied on my neighbor saying my neighbor told..."