Featured Not resolved
Additional Services

Update by user Nov 28, 2018

November 28, 2018 Hunter Douglas has made no attempt to contact me since my call and follow up message ay the end of October. What kind of company breaks their warranty by no longer manufacturing the main part, motor, and not offer the customer options?

The motor in my nonworking shade is first generation from 9 years ago and the company is now on the 4th generation of the motor. Why hasn’t the company kept parts from previous versions, or generations, to honor warranties? Having an issue past warranty, I expected to pay a fee to refit the blind.

The only option the company offers is the purchase of a new shade with a minimal discount. The new shade would still cost over $1,000.

Original review posted by user Oct 29, 2018

The motor of one of our 9 year old silhouette shades doesn’t work. The other two motorized shades work fine.....so far. I talked to a gentleman in customer service and the best he could do was offer up to $250 off a new shade. I said a new motorized shade is over $1,000.

I told the guy he wasn’t being blamed, but the company certainly does not value its customers. At one time HD was synonomous with a quality product and customer satisfaction and service.

HD is on its third or fourth generation of motoized components, which makes me wonder why no recalls have been announced. At the very least, customers should have been notified with each change and have an opportunity to update the motors in the shades/ blinds.

Does anyone know how or where I can get the shade retrofitted with a new motor or at least convert it to the loop cord?

Product or Service Mentioned: Hunter Douglas Motorized Blinds.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: replacement with 60% discount or retrofit shade with new motor.

Hunter Douglas Pros: Person i interacted with is great.

Hunter Douglas Cons: No repair services.

Comments

I’m an HD installer. They “may” warranty you motor for 5 years, but ANYTHING WRONG WITH ANY HD BLIND and you’re on the hook for labor after only 90 days.

Their power products are notoriously unreliable. Better than 50% of my HD power installations have required multiple return visits and repairs (send blind back to HD for repair and live without it or with a cheap temp shade). All on the customers dime. Their support is awful, and their Powerview hub/ app is beyond stupid.

Difficult to set up and extraordinarily unreliable.

As an installer, I can’t recommend it.... frankly I can’t charge enough to make the hassles worth my time.

All Hunter Douglas motors come with a 5 year warranty. The new motors fit into a new head rail is why they can't retro fit your old one. There were no major problems or recalls , read the HD warranty

Dayum lady the blind is NINE YEARS OLD. You have unrealistic expectations.

You were lucky to get the $250 discount offer on a new blind. Instead you decide to make a big stink on YouTube and Pissed Consumer and make yourself look an idiot.